The Relationship School®
Deep psychology Of intimate relationships Agreement
The Deep Psychology Of Intimate Relationships (DPIR) Agreement (“Agreement”) between the undersigned participant (“I” or “me”) and The Relationship School LLC, a Colorado limited liability company with a principal place of business at 2015 Balsam Dr, Boulder, CO 80304 (“TRS”) sets forth (i) the terms and conditions for my participation in the DPIR Training Program (the “Program”); and (ii) the terms and conditions that will govern my rights and obligations upon successful completion of the Program.
The Relationship School™ is an instructional course developed by Jayson Gaddis for improving and mastering skills and knowledge necessary to achieve and maintain successful relationships. “Relationship Students” are individuals who have undergone a 9 month training program at The Relationship School™. I understand that, by signing this Agreement, I am entering into a binding agreement that governs my participation in the Program and my use of Program materials.
- Program Fees. The total fee for participation in the Program if paid in full prior to August 1, 2017 is $ 5,500 (the “Program Fee”). Payment may be made in full in advance no later than August 1, 2017. Alternatively, you may pay an initial deposit of $500 no later than June 21, 2017, with payments of $694 due by the first day of each month thereafter for nine (9) months. The Program consists of approximately 36 course sessions over a nine-month period. In the event of scheduling conflicts, individual Program training dates and/or times may be rescheduled in the discretion of TRS. Program curriculum may also change at any given moment. No refunds shall be provided for changes, withdrawals or missed training dates.
- Refund Policy. The deposit is non-refundable. No tuition refund is permitted once you have paid your tuition in full or enrolled in a tuition payment plan
- ROOTS Discount. Existing members of ROOTs are entitled to a 10% discount on tuition as long as the membership in ROOTs is paid and current through the duration of the School calendar year.
- My Rights as a DPIR Relationship student. If and when I successfully complete the Program, I may refer to myself as a “Relationship School™ Graduate.” I may not, however, mentor, coach, or conduct trainings or otherwise use the “The Relationship SchoolTM” name and logos (the “Relationship School Trademarks”) to provide coaching or other professional training services. I understand that, if I desire to provide professional services utilizing the Relationship School Trademarks, I must successfully complete a separate Coach Certification Training program through TRS. I will not use Relationship School Trademarks in the name of my business, offer or sell any products under any of Relationship School Trademarks, or attempt to register any trademarks, service marks or internet domain names containing or confusingly similar to any Relationship School Trademarks. Any use of Relationship School Trademarks or any other proprietary information or materials of TRS other than as expressly permitted in this Agreement shall be an infringement of TRS’s trademark and other proprietary rights and a breach of this Agreement. I will avoid deceptive, misleading, or unethical practices in connection with the Relationship School Trademarks that are, or might be, detrimental to TRS, its business or the public
- Intellectual Property. I acknowledge and agree that all instructions and materials provided to me during the Program, including, without limitation, written or printed documents, photographs, audio and video recordings, and software programs, and all copies and derivative works relating thereto, are the sole and exclusive property of TRS (the “Relationship School Materials”), including without limitation all copyrights therein. I will not copy, reprint, display, publish or distribute copies of these materials without the express written consent of TRS (including, without limitation, over the internet). Any use of the Relationship School Materials other than in accordance with this paragraph may result in liability for infringement of TRS’s rights in such materials
- Waiver and Release.
- I understand that my participation in the Program involves certain inherent risks, including without limitation discomfort related to the content of the Program and injury or damage resulting from interactions with others at the Program. I freely accept and fully assume all costs, risks, dangers and hazards and the possibility of personal injury, death, property damage, expense and other loss, delay or inconvenience resulting from my participation in the Program or my presence on the premises where the Program is presented. I understand that TRS and its personnel are not responsible for the acts or omissions of other individuals or entities participating in or otherwise involved in the Program and I hereby release, discharge and hold harmless TRS, its employees, officers, managers, directors, members, contractors and agents (the “Released Parties”) from any and all claims, causes of action, damages, losses, liabilities and demands (collectively, “Claims”) arising out of or resulting from or related in any way to the Program, whether caused by the negligence of the Released Parties or otherwise, and promise not to sue or assert against the Released Parties any Claims arising out of or resulting from or related in any way to the Program.
- I further understand that TRS or third parties may film, record, photograph or otherwise memorialize the Program or elements thereof for promotional, documentary or other purposes (collectively, “Recordings”), and I hereby consent to be filmed, recorded, photographed, or to otherwise have my appearance and participation in the Program recorded and such Recordings used by TRS in its discretion. I understand that I will not be entitled to any payment or right to review or approve any use of such Recordings and that TRS or its assigns shall be the sole owner of all such Recordings and their contents.
- Indemnification. I understand that my use of my Relationship Student status is my responsibility and that TRS does not conduct any ongoing oversight or instruction, or otherwise have any relationship or liability in connection with my personal or professional activities. I will, at my own expense, defend, indemnify, and hold harmless TRS and its owners, directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives from and against any and all liabilities, claims, causes of action, suits, damages, including without limitation, suits for personal injury or death of third parties, and expenses, including reasonable attorney fees and expenses, for which TRS becomes liable or may incur or be compelled to pay arising from my actions or omissions or my breach of this Agreement.
- No Franchise or Agency. I am not, and will not hold myself out to be, a franchisee, employee, subcontractor, representative, affiliate or agent of TRS except as otherwise agreed upon in writing by TRS. I agree that this Agreement contemplates a limited license of trademark, copyright and other proprietary rights only and does not establish a franchise, joint venture, agency, partnership or employer-employee relationship between the parties. I acknowledge and agree that my personal and professional activities are my own responsibility and TRS does not provide operating assistance of any kind in connection with any such activities.
- No Assignment. Any rights granted to me under this Agreement are strictly personal and may not be transferred or assigned.
- Warranty Disclaimers. I acknowledge and agree that TRS shall have no liability to me as a result of or arising out of the Program, the Relationship School Materials, this Agreement, or any other materials or services provided to me by TRS. TRS hereby disclaims any representations or warranties whatsoever regarding this Agreement and the products, services, or transactions contemplated herein, including (without limitation), any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement or implied warranties arising out of course of dealing, course of performance, or usage of trade.
- Notices. All payments and notices required by this Agreement shall be deemed received upon personal hand delivery; seventy-two (72) hours after depositing such payment or notice in the US mail with proper postage addressed to the proper party at the address provided herein; or twenty-four (24) hours after depositing such payment or notice with a recognized overnight carrier for overnight delivery to the proper party at the address provided herein. Payments and notices shall be addressed to TRS at the address first set forth above, or to me at the address set forth below my signature at the bottom of this Agreement, or such other address as either party may provide to the other in writing pursuant to this Section 9.
- Miscellaneous Provisions. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Colorado, including all matters of construction, validity and performance. The parties agree that any action or proceeding commenced under or with respect to this Agreement shall be brought only in the county or district courts of Boulder County, Colorado, and the parties irrevocably consent to the jurisdiction of such courts and waive any right to alter or change venue, including by removal. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties hereto concerning the matters covered herein and supersedes all prior agreements and/or understandings, between the parties, whether written or oral, concerning the matters addressed herein; and there are no understandings, agreements, representations or warrants, express or implied, which are not specified in writing and signed by the parties hereto. In the event that any of the terms of this Agreement are or become illegal or unenforceable, such terms shall be null and void and shall be deemed deleted from this Agreement, and all the remaining terms of this Agreement shall remain in full force and effect. Except as otherwise expressly provided herein, the parties may amend this Agreement, from time to time, in writing signed by duly authorized officers of the parties. No waiver of any provision of this Agreement, nor consent to any departure by either party therefrom, shall in any event be effective unless the same shall be in writing and signed by a duly authorized officer of the party to be charged with the waiver or consent, and then such waiver or consent shall be effective only in the specific instance and for the specific purpose for which given. In the event either party institutes any legal action to enforce or construe any provision of this Agreement (including in any arbitration or mediation), the non-prevailing party shall pay to the prevailing party the reasonable costs and expenses (including legal fees) incurred by such prevailing party in connection therewith
Jayson Gaddis LLC Participant:
Jayson Gaddis, President